Q1.What does GDPR stand for?
General Data Protections Regulations
Q2. Why am I reading about this?
It is a new regulation brought in by the EU (European Union) to provide citizens with a greater level of control over their personal data. It will affect all citizens and businesses operating within the EU, as any business (i.e. The Skylon Hotel) that holds personal data of people can be held accountable under the new regulations under GDPR.
Q3. What is Personal Data Protection anyways? Protecting against misuse/non-consensual storage of peoples personal details.
The Data that falls under the GDPR is the following; Name, Photos, Email Address, Social media Posts, Personal Medical Info, IP Addresses, Bank Details, Credit Cards Details etc. etc. etc. It pretty much covers any information that can be classified as personal details or that can be used to determine your identity.
Q4. What are the 8 Principles of Data Protection?
- Obtain and process information fairly.
- Keep it only for the specified and lawful purposes.
- Use and disclose it only in ways. Compatible with these purposes.
- Keep it safe and secure.
- Keep it accurate complete and up-to-date
- Ensure that it is adequate relevant and not excessive.
- Keep it for no longer than necessary.
- Give a copy of personal data on request.
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer.
If you have any questions regarding the above please contact email@example.com or call 01 – 884 3900
Team Skylon xoxo*Information provided by Crowe Horwath