- Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
- Persistent cookies - these cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies - these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
What are the regulations?
Cookies used on this Website
A list of all the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required.These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like booking a room, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
- Functionality cookies:These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting/Advertising cookies: Sometimes referred to as “Third-party Cookies” These cookies are used to deliver adverts and communications that are more relevant to you and your interests and are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks only with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other third-party organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. We would use these or advertising cookies to show you advertisements on other websites that are related to our hotel and/or hotel group we belong to. This is called ‘retargeting’ and these cookies remember that you have visited our website and the information is shared with other organisations such as third-party advertisers. Thirdparty advertisers including Google, use first-party cookies (Google Analytics cookie) and thirdparty cookies (DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve advertisements based on someone’s past visits to our website. When one of these adverts is presented to you on a site there will be a quick and easy way to click in and opt out of receiving further adverts.
Technical details on our cookies:
How to Disable our Cookies: