Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some quick frequently asked questions (FAQs) you need to know about the Dublin Skylon Hotel:
1. What time is check in?
Check in is from 14.00 onwards.
2. What time is check out?
Check out is until 12.00pm (Late check out is available until 14.00 with an additional charge subject availablity).
3. How do you get from Dublin airport to the Skylon Hotel?
Located on the main route from Dublin Airport, the Dublin Skylon Hotel provides easy access to and from the M1 and M50 motorways. - Directions from Dublin Airport to the Skylon Hotel
4. Is there a shuttle from the airport to the Skylon Hotel?
No, we do not provide a shuttle to/from the airport. We are located just 10minute drive from the airport.
5. Where is the nearest bus stop at the Skylon Hotel?
A bus stop is located directly across the road from the Skylon that will bring you into the city centre in under 10minutes. Bus Numbers to the City Centre 11, 13, 16, 33, 41,41C. There is also bus stop located on the same side as the hotel to bring you to Dublin Airport. Bus Numbers to Dublin Airport 16 & 41.
6. How far is Dublin Skylon Hotel to Croke Park?
Croke Park is located minutes’ walk from our hotel.
7. Is there parking at the Skylon Hotel?
Yes, there is onsite parking for hotel residents only.
8. How much does parking cost at the Skylon Hotel?
Residents are charged a maximum of €5 per day. A maximum of €15 will be charged no matter how long your stay is with us.
9. How much is breakfast at the Skylon Hotel?
Breakfast costs €12.00. Breakfast is served in the Skylon Bar & Grill.
10. What times do you serve Lunch & Dinner at?
Lunch Menu served from: 12.00 - 17.00 Monday to Sunday Dinner Menu served from: 17.00- 21.30 Monday- Wednesday & Sunday 17.00- 22.00 Thursday- Saturday.
11. Does the restaurant have a children’s menu?
Yes, choose from a selection of main courses, drink and dessert for only €9.50
12. Does the restaurant have any gluten free options?
Yes, gluten free options are available. Please ask your server for details on our allergens.
13. Is there live music played in the hotel/ hotel bar?
Yes, every Saturday night from 9.30pm there is live music in the Skylon Bar & Grill.
14. Are there laptop safes?
Yes, laptop safes are available in every room.
15. Do the rooms have hairdryers?
Yes, you will find a hairdryer in the drawer of the vanity table in each guest room.
16. Do you provide toiletries & amenities?
Yes, in each room you will find: Razors & shaving foam, toothbrush & toothpaste, sewing kits, combs and shoe polish kits are provided. Extra pillows, blankets, towels, bath robes, bedroom slippers, facecloths, soap, shampoo, shower gel, seating, and papers are provided at the reception.
17. Is there free Wi-Fi in the Dublin Skylon Hotel?
Yes, free high speed optic fibre Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
18. Are there smoking rooms available?
No, we are a non-smoking hotel. There is a designated smoking section outside the front door. A fine of €150 will be charged to your account if there is evidence of smoking in room.
19. How many people can the meeting rooms accommodate/hold/ cater to?
Please contact 01- 884 3900 or email email@example.com for more information.
20. What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations for room reservations in the Skylon Hotel must be received by 14:00 the day prior to arrival with the exception of the Advance Purchase Rate offer where cancellations/amendments are not permitted. This may differ if you have not booked though our website. Where a cancellation is not received the hotel reserves the right to charge for the first night accommodation. Please check payment, cancellation policies and deposit requirements at the time of booking.